Patented Tajima Urethane™:
- Our patented urethane lens material is not polycarbonate, nylon, CR-39, or glass.
- It is a patented and proprietary urethane polarized lens composition made in our lens making factory in Tajima, Japan.
- It is the first non-comprising polarized lens material featuring the superior optical clarity of glass, and hi-mass impact resistance and light weight of polycarbonate.
- Superior optical clarity
- Scores a perfect 40 lines of resolution in optical lab testing (the highest possible score for optical clarity) - glass is the only other lens material with a perfect score of 40
- 5x greater scratch resistance than polycarbonate and nylon
- Hi velocity / hi mass impact resistant and shatterproof
- Superior tensile strength to any lens material preventing creep or cracking
- Lightest weight polarized lens material on the market
- Zero distortion
- 99% polarizing efficiency (maximum)
- 100% UV protection (A,B,C)
Compared to Other Common Lens Materials
Material: Tajima Urethane
Data from Independent Optical Lab Testing Performed by Colts Labs™
All Tajima Polarized Lenses Come Standard with the Following Premium Coatings:
- Dual side hard coat and anti-scratch treatment (Further improving durability and scratch resistance)
- Rear side multi-layer anti-reflective treatment (Eliminates all bounce back glare for improved comfort & optical clarity)
- Dual side hydrophobic & oleophobic treatment (Sheds water, oils, dirt, dust, easier to keep clean)
- Front side mirror treatment (if selected)